Chorley is a small village 5 miles outside Nantwich in the parish of Wrenbury. In 1875 the Bateman Memorial Chapel and Graveyard was opened there.
The chapel was named after Mr. Thomas Bateman who lived between 1799- 1897 and lived all his life at Chorley. He was a leading light as a Lay Person in the Primitive Methodist Connexion. In the early 1970s the chapel was closed and became a private dwelling.
All that remains today is the graveyard. The main feature is the monument to Thomas Bateman and his close family. About 20 gravestones are still visible although there have been approximately 115 burials through the years.